Quick company facts
- Encompass Health is one of the nation’s largest providers of integrated healthcare services, offering both facility-based and home-based patient care in 42 states and Puerto Rico through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies.
- In January 2019, the Company finalized its rebranding initiative to convert inpatient rehabilitation hospitals from HealthSouth and home health and hospice agencies from Encompass Home Health & Hospice to the Encompass Health name.
- Mark Tarr serves Encompass Health as president and chief executive officer.
- The exchange symbol for Encompass Health is EHC.
- Encompass Health has approximately 43,000 employees.
- In 2019, Encompass Health earned $4.7 billion in revenue and treated more than 364,000 patients.
- Approximately one in three patients in the U.S. receiving inpatient rehabilitative care, receive it through an Encompass Health rehabilitation hospital. Encompass Health’s hospitals provide rehabilitative care to patients recovering from conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, complex orthopedic conditions and amputations.
- Encompass Health’s home health and hospice agencies bring high-quality, personalized health care and hospice services into the most familiar, most comfortable environment, helping patients recover from an illness, injury or surgery, manage a chronic medical condition, or cope with end-of-life transitions.
- Both business segments have been consistently named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in healthcare. The inpatient rehabilitation segment has been named three times to the list with the home health and hospice segment being named seven times to it.
- Encompass Health has also been named as a Fortune World’s Most Admired Company for 2021.
- Encompass Health’s Home Office is located in Birmingham, Alabama while its home health and hospice segment is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
As of June 18, 2021.
About Encompass Health
As a national leader in integrated healthcare services, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers both facility‑based and home‑based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. With a national footprint that includes 145 hospitals, 249 home health locations, and 95 hospice locations in 42 states and Puerto Rico, the Company provides high‑quality, cost-effective integrated healthcare. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. For more information, visit encompasshealth.com, or follow us on our newsroom, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- View the Encompass Health Company timeline in HTML
- Download a PDF version of the Encompass Health Timeline