Quick company facts
- Encompass Health is the nation’s largest providers of inpatient rehabilitation with hospitals in 35 states and Puerto Rico.
- In January 2019, the Company finalized its rebranding initiative to convert from HealthSouth to the Encompass Health name.
- Mark Tarr serves Encompass Health as president and chief executive officer.
- The exchange symbol for Encompass Health is EHC.
- Encompass Health has approximately 33,000 employees.
- Approximately one in three patients in the U.S. receiving inpatient rehabilitative care, receive it through an Encompass Health rehabilitation hospital. Encompass Health’s hospitals provide rehabilitative care to patients recovering from conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, complex orthopedic conditions and amputations.
- Encompass Health has been named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in healthcare.
- Encompass Health has also been named as a Fortune World’s Most Admired Company for 2021.
- Encompass Health’s Home Office is located in Birmingham, Alabama.
As of June 18, 2021.
About Encompass Health
Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) is the largest owner and operator of rehabilitation hospitals in the United States. With a national footprint that includes 150 hopitals in 35 states and Puerto Rico, the Company provides high-quality, compassionate rehabilitative care for patients recovering from a major injury or illness, using advanced technology and innovative treatments to maximize recovery. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, visit encompasshealth.com, or follow us on our newsroom, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.