BIRMINGHAM, Ala., May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — HealthSouth Corporation is accepting applications for therapy research grants through June 30, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. EST. The grants, totaling up to $30,000, should target the investigation of the effectiveness of therapy in the inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) post-acute care setting. Grant recipients do not have to be affiliated with HealthSouth nor does the research have to be conducted in a HealthSouth inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
Some topics that may be considered as highest priority include:
- Efficacy of physical, occupational or speech therapy assessments or interventions
- Impact of modes or intensity of therapies on patient outcomes and experience
- Impact of therapy assessments or interventions on outcomes or experience
- Prevention or control of rehabilitation-related conditions
- Patient and caregiver education programming impact or outcomes
- Impact of IRF therapy services on the continuum of care throughout a patient’s medical event
- Implementation research aimed at the study of methods to implement research findings
“Research has been the backbone for the development of best practices in our inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. It also plays a vital role in helping us deliver quality rehabilitative healthcare in the most appropriate, safe, patient-centered environment,” said Cheryl Miller-Scott, DrOT, HealthSouth’s vice president of therapy operations. “Because of its importance to our industry and the patients we serve, we are proud to offer these grants for the second consecutive year to encourage more research in the post-acute healthcare industry.”
Applications will be evaluated based on scientific merit and experience of principal investigator(s), relevance to the grant program objectives and expected outcomes and study feasibility. The research should be conducted no more than 12 months after receiving the grant. Final selection will be completed by August 31, 2017.
A copy of the application and the full details may be found at http://healthsouth.com/en/careers/clinical-opportunities/therapy/therapy-grant.
HealthSouth is one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute healthcare services, offering both facility-based and home-based post-acute services in 36 states and Puerto Rico through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies, and hospice agencies. HealthSouth can be found on the Web at www.healthsouth.com.
Media Contact: Casey Lassiter, 205-969-6176
SOURCE HealthSouth Corporation