BIRMINGHAM, Ala., June 3, 2020 – On May 25, 2020, Encompass Health Corp. opened its call for therapy research grant applications due July 31, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. ET. The grants, totaling up to $30,000, should target the investigation of the effectiveness of therapy in the inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) post-acute care setting and may be divided between several proposed studies. Grant recipients do not have to be affiliated with Encompass Health and research does not have to be conducted in an Encompass Health inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
Some topics that may be considered as highest priority include:
- Efficacy of physical, occupational, or speech therapy assessments or interventions
- Impact of modes or intensity of therapies on patient outcomes and experience
- Impact of therapy assessments or interventions on outcomes or experience
- Prevention or control of rehabilitation-related conditions
- Patient and caregiver education programming impact or outcomes
- Impact of IRF therapy services on the continuum of care throughout a patient’s medical event, including re-hospitalization and post-acute care
- Implementation science and knowledge translation research aimed at the study of methods to implement research findings
“We are excited to offer this grant for the fifth year as research is vital to all healthcare practices, but it’s what continues to shape best practices in the rehabilitation industry,” said Cheryl Miller, DrOT, vice president of therapy operations. “Over the past few years, we have been able to keep great research moving forward through this program over the past few and look forward to the ideas are proposed for our 2020 grants.”
Applications will be evaluated based on scientific merit and experience of principal investigator(s), relevance to the grant program objectives and expected outcomes and study feasibility. The research should be conducted no more than 12 months after receiving the grant. Final selection will be completed by Aug. 31, 2020.
A copy of the application and the full details may be found at ehc.news/therapygrants.
About Encompass Health
As a national leader in integrated healthcare services, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. With a national footprint that includes 134 hospitals, 245 home health locations, and 83 hospice locations in 37 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective, integrated care across the healthcare continuum. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. For more information, visit encompasshealth.com, or follow us on our newsroom, Twitter and Facebook.