In 2020, Encompass Health continued its dedication to building awareness of stroke and supporting those affected by it through its national sponsorship of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Together to End Stroke initiative.
As part of this sponsorship, we’ve educated our communities and provided resources to stroke survivors and their caregivers through participation or support of the following tools:
- Served as a sponsor of more than 20 Go Red for Women luncheons across the country to help educate participants about heart and stroke issues while also providing inspiration through stories of stroke survivors like Dorinda.
- Encompass Health’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Lisa Charbonneau joined actor and stroke survivor Tim Omundson on an AHA podcast to share the importance of getting detection and treatment of stroke during the pandemic.
- Encompass Health supported the development of a cookbook that is geared toward stroke survivors and their caregivers. The Simply Good cookbook showcases heart-healthy recipes that the entire family can enjoy, and also gives instructions on how to modify the recipe for someone with swallowing difficulties, a common deficit of strokes.
- On a Facebook Premier event for National Family Caregivers Month in November, two Encompass Health team members had the opportunity to share their learnings with caregivers across the country through a panel-style discussion.
- Through its support of the creation of three, short videos, Encompass Health helped break down key information on subjects (comorbidities, assessment and the rehabilitation program) featured in the American Heart Association’s 2016 Guidelines for Adult Stroke Rehabilitation and Recovery.
As Encompass Health enters its 37th year of providing high-quality rehabilitative care to our communities, we will continue to be inspired by the strength and tenacity of patients like Terra, Brenda and Steffany as well as the dedicated caregivers that support them in their journey. Our staff is honored to be a part of our patients’ journeys, helping them reach a higher level independence through strength, function and confidence.
Learn more about the American Stroke Association’s Together to End Stroke initiative here.